In collaboration with Michael Pokocky of Sophistica World ThinkTank. They need a logo for the new LinkedIn Group being launched on LinkedIn.
- This is a “short-notice”, “quick-delivery” project.
- The information I already have: the Sophistica Blog with the “to-be-published” ChangeThis Manifesto and Michael Pokocky’s LinkedIn Profile.
- The sizes of the icons required: 100 x 50 px and 60 x 30 px
- What “sophisticated” means as per Google: “having or appealing to those having worldly knowledge and refinement and savoir-faire” and “advanced: ahead in development; complex or intricate” and “Books that have had repairs that involve making additions to the original”.
- Some keywords – after reading the Manifesto: the New Knowledge web, human nature, Last Renaissance, technology and some others that aren’t as explicit.
Well we seem to be running a very tight deadline here!
I have come up with two designs so far and have e-mailed them to the client – awaiting feedback. The logos that I have come up with are:
You can view more details on this page that I posted for the client to view the details and the descriptions. There wasn’t any time to prepare detailed briefs but I have used that page for some kind of detailed descriptions.
Client likes number one above! The following is his e-mail:
“Love both: But You have captured the philosophy in #1.
We can start with #1 and then (we/you) can change it if you find or want to do something else. Like I said it’s up to you and you nailed it for me….and i love philosophy.
Love you Naina….”
Wow! Now that’s what I call making the client fall in love with me!
UPDATE III: 10th October 2005
You can now see the logo in use on the Sophisitca Blog.
I was also thinking that the logo could be used in this form too
Oh! And don’t forget to read the client’s endorsement on my LinkedIn profile. This is what he has to say:
““A long over due endorsement is in order here for Naina for it is her essential nature as a human being that I value most; aside (no pun intended) from the profile she presents on this page. Naina is that rare individual who combines her personal philosophy for the love of living, with her actual state of being every minute of the day; and for that I applaud her.” (October 3, 2005)
– Michael Pokocky was with another company when working with Naina at aside “