10 Rules for Reinventing a Business
1. Set unreasonable expectations.
2. Stretch the business definition.
3. Create a cause, not a business.
4. Listen to new voices.
5. Create an open market for new ideas.
6. Offer an open market for capital. (Take a portfolio approach to investment in business concepts; not every investment will work, but this cannot be predicted.)
7. Open up the market for talent.
8. Lower the risks of experimentation.
9. Divide and conquer. (Do not expect new business units to operate the same way that older, established units do.)
10. Reward the innovators.
(SOURCE: Leading the Revolution, Gary Hamel, Harvard Business School Press)