They are seeking products and services that:
* Created a new category of business, much like electronic stock trading and SUVs.
* Triggered a “me-too” response from competitors, as cell phones and software applications have.
* Changed customer or consumer expectations, such as overnight package delivery.
* Solved unmet customer and consumer needs.
* Generated revenues, although not necessarily profits.
Honorees will be selected by Kuczmarski and Chicago Sun-Times business staffers, and awards will be presented at IIT on Oct. 7. All honorees will be profiled in a special section of the Sun-Times. For information and a nomination form, go to http://www.chicagoinnovationawards.com or http://www.suntimes.com. The deadline for nominations is July 30.
(Source: SunTimes.com, July 05, 2004, here. )