- Receive an e-mail in your inbox informing that there is someone who wants to connect with you on openBC.
- Visit openBC “Confirm Contacts” page to check who it is and what their note says.
- If I want to connect with them and send them a message, I click on “Confirm with message” [ great feature – LinkedIn could do well to include a confirm with message ]
- Next window with options on what contact information should be made available to the new contact used to open – the top of the list had the checkbox which allowed me to check “all”. Very convenient.
- Next window allowed me to compose and send this person a message.
- The check “all” checkbox has gone and I have to individually check all the [ more than 15 ] checkboxes.
I hate it so much that I’m thinking I don’t want to be doing this more than once in two weeks [ who wants to check so many boxes for confirming ONE contact? ]
Bad move [ I wonder why they did it? ]
UPDATE: 12th February 2006
Sorry for the late update, but the issue was resolved almost immediately by the vey proactive openBC developer team. It was a browser issue affecting Ie users and has now been put to rest. Check the comments for more details.