One of my most interesting photography & social media client assignments is drawing to a close with this blog post. I’ve been enjoying myself. Photographing things that PayTM allowed me to select from their marketplace ( all products were returned after they were photographed ). I then shared my picks on the Naina For PayTM Pinterest Board and we also engaged our combined audiences in a contest, which was super fun. The response was incredibly fantastic and we are now closing our collaboration with another contest here! Yay!
All through college, I wore my Dad’s denims and borrowed shirts from my older boy cousins and dragged out my tomboyish choices as much as I could. Baggy camouflage trousers, DMS boots, an HTM / Casio watch with a steel bracelet and anything else that was meant for “boys”. I also got myself a crew-cut hairstyle whenever I could. From the “fauji” barber nonetheless.
Here are some photographs of me when I was a kid, from school and college. And then I’ve followed up with a set of self portraits I photographed from menswear products from the PayTM marketplace!
Yup. That’s me above. I loved that car! Matching socks and jacket, thanks to Mom’s ace knitting skills.
And below, that’s me too. I had that plastic gun for a LONG time. And Dad’s hat. Such a poser!
Above, with my most favourite animal ever. And the PJ set I’m wearing has paisleys on it but who says boys can’t wear paiselys? And those shoes look awesome – if only I could recall more details.
The teenage years below. Dad’s aviator sunglasses, his sweater and a boys-shirt. The jacket was a hand-me-down from a cousin. Jeans were purchased from the boys section of a store and those boots too!
I’m wearing the same shirt from above ( it’s hidden under the sweater ), below. Same boots and denims too! ( The kid behind me is my sister Akanksha Redhu! )
A bit from the college days now. Lots and lots of camouflage! Rolled up t-shirt sleeves no less! Trousers AND t-shirt!
And more below. Look at the sunglasses balanced behind my neck! I did that for the most part throughout college. T-shirt and jeans and open floaters – sometimes with socks, sometimes without.
And now for some photos of me in menswear photographed last week! Everything is from the Men’s Fashion section on the PayTM marketplace.
Terms & Conditions for the contest
– The contest is open only to women. Only on Twitter.
– To participate in the contest, you have to share a photo of yourself wearing your Dad’s / Brother’s / Boyfriend’s / Male Friend’s clothes or fashion accessories. If you are not comfortable sharing photos of yourself, you can also take pictures of your favourites from the boys’ wardrobe and share those!
– To be eligible to participate, images have to be tweeted mentioning #NainaForPaytm + #SuitUp + @PayTM + @Naina
– The contest is on for 2 days from 2nd March – 3rd March 2015
– Two winners will be picked by the PayTM team with my inputs
– The winners get Rs 1,000 Paytm cash each.
– Winners’ twitter handles will be declared via @Paytm and @Naina on 5th March
( Remember, DO NOT start a tweet with @Naina or @PayTM, because only Naina or PayTM accounts will see the tweet! We want your shares to help us reach a wider audience! You can include our handles at the end of your tweet / share. )