I’m photographing a major event for a client tonight and I have spent the entire day psyching myself for it. I’m super excited and have checked and re-checked my equipment half-a-dozen times already. Despite all that, there are a few simple things I remind myself of each time prior to a client shoot.
Don’t forget to SMILE
1. When in doubt, press the shutter button.
2. Bump up the ISO and get that shot.
3. Use the external speedlight and get that shot. Bounce it.
4. Use the 14-24mm F2.8 lens.
5. Get down on your knees.
6. Wear comfortable shoes.
7. Use the Burst Mode for key moments. ( Especially useful when photographing live events that will not be replayed / repeated. )